Providing quality contract harvesting services since 1996.
Horton Harvesting is owned and operated by Evan and Linda Horton, who have built their business on a passion for farming technology and the utmost dedication to honest, reliable, and efficient service.
Since taking on his first contract harvesting job at 12 years of age, driving a Massy Ferguson 542 with a 21’ front, Evan’s extensive farming background provides the experience and knowledge of crop and harvesting conditions to get the job done to the highest standard.
We have the capability to service properties across Eastern Australia from Central Queensland right down to New South Wales and Victoria.
The Horton Harvesting team have experience harvesting a wide variety of crops including:
White French, Jap, Shiroe,
(Bambatsi, Gatton Panic,
Our harvesting rates are based on an assessment of:
• Crop type & grain yield – heavier crops usually take longer to harvest.
• Sample purity – setting & operating harvester to receival depot standards.
• Crop condition – free standing or falling down, weed affected, or low yield areas.
• Travel distance to farm – if remote from other grain growers.
• Paddock terrain – ground conditions & obstacles.
• Total crop area – number of contractor machines on property.
• Proximity to trucks, field bins & silos – delays to unload.
• Provision of related equipment by contractor – chaser bins, field bins & trucks.
• Terms of account payment – if not settled at completion of harvest.
Our Harvest Machinery
We use the latest harvesting technology for an outstanding quality of work and update our machinery when the opportunity arises. Our machinery is continually maintained so you can be assured of reliable and efficient service when your crop is ripe and ready for harvest.
• Class 8 late model Case IH Machines with 12m fronts on 3m wheel centres
• Tractors and Chaser Bins on 3m centres
• Canola Fronts
• GPS guidance runs on RTX centrepoint (4cm)
• Specialised in Control Traffic Farming Systems and Yield Mapping